There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Crews Quickly Extinguish Attic Fire In West Redding

A West Redding household has their next-door neighbor to thank for their home being saved. Nobody was home at 3:45PM Friday afternoon when Redding Firefighters were called to Kinvarra Way in the Mary Lake area for smoke seen coming from the gable vent of the roof of a 2-story house. A small fire was burning in the attic over the kitchen, and it was quickly extinguished. Fire Marshal Craig Wittner says the cause was an electrical failure of an attic ventilation fan, which ignited the wood framing and insulation around the fan. The value of the damage is estimated at $8,500.