There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Children Escape House Fire In Anderson

Several children were home alone when their house caught fire in Anderson Thursday morning. Anderson Fire Department was dispatched just before 9:30AM to the house on the corner of Bruce and Barney Streets. Anderson Chief Steve Lowe says the four children made it out on their own. The blaze had originated in a rear bedroom, probably from a malfunctioning heat lamp being used in a reptile enclosure. The home is unlivable and the Red Cross is assisting the family. Damage is estimated at $150,000.