A house was damaged by fire overnight in West Redding. Just after 2AM Redding Firefighters were called to a cottage-style 2 bedroom house at 2406 Court Street just down the hill from Mercy Hospital. They found the place full of smoke and discovered the source to be a fire burning in the area of the bathroom exhaust fan. It had apparently overheated. The flames were quickly extinguished. There was a lot of smoke and heat damage to the bathroom and some smoke damage to the rest of the home. The value of the damage is estimated at around $5500. The house was declared uninhabitable. The three people who lived there all got out safely, even though there were no working smoke detectors. They’re being assisted by the Red Cross with temporary lodging.