If not for an alert person, a fire in Redding Wednesday night would probably have killed a man. At 10:20PM, Redding Fire Department was called to Henderson Road. In a shallow ravine to the rear of a home, a large camp trailer and a cab-over camper were engulfed in flames. When the fire was first getting underway, someone nearby noticed the glow and ran to the scene, waking up the elderly man who was asleep inside and helping him escape the growing flames. The cause was likely an overloaded extension cord.