A homeless man living on the roof of a Redding strip mall might have gone undetected for a while if he hadn’t built a campfire. Redding Firefighters were called Thursday night to the Cash-N-Go in the Cobblestone Center off Hartnell Avenue on reports of light smoke. Upon arrival they found the occupants complaining that their offices were filling with smoke. Firefighters laddered onto the roof and found a man had been staying in a tent on the roof and had a small warming fire, which he had already tried to extinguish. Firefighters say the man attempted to flee, but was apprehended and charged with arson. While crews were still on scene another fire was reported in the 800 block of Browning Street. Firefighters reported that a transient had started a pallet of cardboard boxes on fire. A security guard was able to detain the suspect who was arrested and charged with arson. Damage from both fire was estimated at $1000.