There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Fire Sparked By Squatters Damages Vacant Downtown Building

A fire at a vacant Downtown Redding warehouse building was apparently caused by squatters. The building is located at the split where Court Street cuts over to Railroad Avenue. A little before 8AM Tuesday morning Redding Fire Department responded as smoke was coming from the roof of the building. Firefighters found the floor on fire, and a lot of garbage that had been piled up inside by people living there illegally. Damage is estimated at around $5,000 to the $250,000 building.